Territory Sales Manager (West Coast Region)
Are you ready to deliver the "Signature Experience"?
If so Bishop-Wisecarver may be the place for you.
For nearly 70 years we’ve been selling our unique solutions in the linear and rotary motion field to customers ranging from major manufacturers to start-ups. Bishop-Wisecarver helps manufacturers and automation solution providers engineer linear and rotary motion products. With engineering expertise and manufacturing best practices working with over 20,000 customers, we understand our customers’ design and application requirements which enables us to develop unique solutions that ship within 2 to 3 weeks. Customers achieve 50% faster time to market, up to 50-75% lower maintenance and installed costs, product differentiation and longer product life.
Our product line includes quality components and accessories, manual linear guide systems, actuated linear guide systems and rotary guides and systems. Stainless steel, high temperature, wash-down and clean room-compatible products are among Bishop-Wisecarver's more recent product introductions. Our more popular offerings include the following trade names: DualVee®, LoPro®, UtiliTrak®, MadeWell® and HepcoMotion® GV3.
We are growing our sales force, we are seeking a Territory Sales Manager for our West Coast Region (California, or Pacific Northwest) areas. We are looking for individuals that can thrive in a fast-paced, high-energy environment with a positive can-do attitude, impeccable integrity and extraordinary sales skills. For the West coast Region, the ideal candidate will be located near Pittsburg, CA. This position will report to the Regional Sales Manager, (or Western Sales Manager) and is best suited for an experienced salesperson who can sell to a variety of customers in the industrial sector.
This position is best suited for a hands-on salesperson who is looking to grow his/her career. This an excellent opportunity to enhance your business acumen and leadership skills by selling to a variety of customers in the industrial sector while working and learning from a stable company with a rich history.
The candidate of choice is willing to accept the challenge to deliver to our customers best in class engineered solutions for motion products that excel in harsh and extreme environments.
This is a home office-based position with expected travel approximately 60% of the time. The ideal candidate has a high level of energy, self-direction, accountability and has a proven sales history of effective territory and account management by consistently meeting sales targets.
- Provide the Signature Experience to customers and channel partners (Learn more: BW Signature Experience).
- Lead new business development efforts by executing on opportunities that lead to sources of new revenue, new markets, and new capabilities
- Develop new customers and distributors to drive growth of territory
- Develop and maintain territory coverage plan
- Establish presence with current customers territory customer base
- Develop objectives for each key account visit
- Responsible for consultative sales and promotion of company solutions and services within assigned territory
- Create and work an active pipeline
- Qualify prospects/business opportunities
- Develop and execute a strategies and tactics to convert prospects to customers
- Develop and execute strategies and tactics for each opportunity that if executed properly will result in closed won business
- Demonstrate the skill to sell our value proposition and create differentiation especially as it applies to our core markets and key applications
- Attend industry conferences and regional meetings
- Effective at setting, evaluating and executing individual and territory goals that create a dynamic results-oriented sales environment aligned with the company’s culture and core values
- Achieve sales targets by effectively managing sales of company products and solutions to OEMs, Automation Solution Providers, (ASPs), Distributors and end-users
- Lead product and application training at OEM, ASP and key Distributor locations
- Ability to sell add-value solutions by leveraging differentiation and creating a competitive advantage
- Demonstrated track record of developing and managing key accounts, along with a track record of exceptional sales performance
- Excellent presentation skills as well as strong verbal and written communication skills
- Demonstrated knowledge and effective usage of CRM system and sales database management; excellent skills on Microsoft Office applications
- Excellent communicator with ability to build strong and trusting internal and external relationships
- Strong critical thinking and listening skills, along with a strong desire to produce exceptional results and build customer advocacy
- Represent Bishop-Wisecarver in a positive light by being recognized as a go-to resource that strengthens customer relationships, building advocacy and sustainable business levels
- BS/BA Degree required, Engineering, or Business degree preferred
- 3-6 years of experience successfully selling technical solutions, automation and motion control industries is preferred
What BW offers
- Competitive base salary, plus an attractive incentive plan based on performance
- Excellent benefit package with a generous employer contribution
- Car allowance
- 401(k) safe-harbor match
- Profit Sharing
- A Values driven, down to earth culture, that fosters a team environment, providing customers with exceptional service
BW is an equal opportunity employer, we do not discriminate against employees or applicants based on race, creed, color, religious belief, sex, age, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, marital status, physical or mental handicap, veteran status, or any other basis protected by Federal, State or local law or ordinance.
If you are interested in joining the BW family, please reply to firstname.lastname@example.org with the position title on the subject line, and your resume describing prior employers’ industry along with salary requirements.
- There is no paid relocation for this position
- Applicants must be able to work in the US without sponsorship
- Applications must include a cover letter and a resume