Our Supplier Diversity Policy
We believe not only in paying it forward but also back
Bishop-Wisecarver (BW) is a proudly certified Women's Business Enterprise (WBE) and Women Owned Small Business (WOSB). As a SME US manufacturer we believe that what is good for large corporations is good for smaller ventures as well. We believe that supplier diversity provides us with a significant position of strength in which to support our customers and outperform in the markets we serve. We are proud of our strategic alliances with Minority-, Women-, and Service-Disabled-Veteran-Owned business enterprises (MWSDVBE) and enthusiastically embrace the clear vision and mission that guides our diversity initiative.
Our policy is a philosophy that applies to all our suppliers, contractors, and subcontractors of goods and services. BW believes diversity creates a supply chain that is more flexible and innovative and thus provides greater strategic value for our customers. A supplier base that is diverse helps us better understand and anticipate the needs of the customers we serve. We recognize that our business performance is elevated when we can tap into the expertise and creativity of all BW suppliers and partners and thus positively contributes to our competitive advantage.
Our suppliers should reflect the people we are in business to serve... our customers.
BW employees should channel business opportunities to minority and women-owned business enterprises whenever the opportunity arises to procure goods and services from an outside supplier. Our sourcing and procurement process is expected to adhere to this philosophy, with a goal to actively increase supplier inclusion year over year. As a SME ourselves, we believe that helping other SMEs and entrepreneurs move quickly into the mainstream of the economy strengthens the diverse business community economically and BW takes pride in contributing to the overall economic growth of California and the US. These entrepreneurs broaden market competition, spur innovation and creative approaches to problem solving, and enhance our capability to manage our businesses through all economic cycles. Overall, these entrepreneurs create a thriving, diverse business climate that we ourselves take part. Our goal is to build deep relationships with our suppliers, which will allow us the ability to provide unique insights into emerging markets, enhance our supply-chain, build a loyal customer base, and create wealth in the communities where we, our customers and suppliers do business.
At BW, our supplier diversity policy focuses on the following types of diversity suppliers:
- Minority-owned Business Enterprises (MBE)
- Woman-owned Business Enterprises (WBE)
- Woman-oned Small Business (WOSB)
- Small Disadvantaged Businesses (SDB)
- Historically Underutilized Businesses (HUB Zone)
- Veteran-owned Businesses (VOB)
- Service-disabled Veteran-owned Businesses (SDVOB)
- Small to Medium Sized Enterprises (SMEs)
Products and Services Purchased
- Advertising/marketing services
- General office equipment/supplies
- Chemicals/industrial cleaning products
- Graphic design
- Communications services
- Information technology hardware
- Computers and computer software and software
- Facilities engineering and maintenance
- Marketing communications
- Consulting services
- Outsourced services
- Meeting and event services
Not yet certified?
The following government organization links are provided to help learn about resources that may assist your company in becoming certified as an MBE, WBE, or SDVBE.
The Small Business Administration within your local area or appropriate state agency may also be used for certification purposes.
- AS9100D and ISO9001 Certified
- Bay Area Green Business Program
- Certified Evergreen
- Minority Business Development Agency
- National Minority Supplier Development Council (NMSDC)
- Small Business Administration
- U.S. Department of Commerce
- WBENC Women's Business Enterprise Council
Interested in becoming a BW supplier? Here's what we'll expect from you:
We hold our suppliers to the same standards to which we hold our own employees. We expect our suppliers to:
- Provide top-quality products and services along with the highest level of service;
- Demonstrate that they are proactive, innovative and able to think strategically; and have acceptable third-party certification.
If you would like to register with us as a diverse supplier, please contact Kyle Cleveland, Supply Chain Manager, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- On-time delivery
- Product/service level quality assurance
- Proven financial viability
- Geographic scope (i.e., national or regional distribution)
- Compliance with laws and appropriate certifications
- Competitive pricing and cost saving solutions
- Value added capabilities
- Safety in production and shipping
- Sensitivity to brand reputation