Manager of Distribution Sales
Are you ready to deliver the "Signature Experience"?
If so Bishop-Wisecarver may be the place for you.
For nearly 70 years we’ve been selling our unique solutions in the linear and rotary motion field to customers ranging from major manufacturers to start-ups. Bishop-Wisecarver helps manufacturers and automation solution providers engineer linear and rotary motion products. With engineering expertise and manufacturing best practices working with over 20,000 customers, we understand our customers’ design and application requirements which enables us to develop unique solutions that ship within 2 to 3 weeks. Customers achieve 50% faster time to market, up to 50-75% lower maintenance and installed costs, product differentiation and longer product life.
Our product line includes quality components and accessories, manual linear guide systems, actuated linear guide systems and rotary guides and systems. Stainless steel, high temperature, wash-down and clean room-compatible products are among Bishop-Wisecarver's more recent product introductions. Our more popular offerings include the following trade names: DualVee®, LoPro®, UtiliTrak®, MadeWell® and HepcoMotion® GV3.
We are seeking a Manager of Distribution Sales. We are looking for individuals that can thrive in a fast-paced, high-energy environment with a positive can-do attitude, impeccable integrity and exceptional leadership skills and strong business acumen. For this role, the ideal candidate will be located near Chicago, IL. This position will report to the Director of Sales and is best suited for an experienced salesperson who can manage sales through Industrial Distribution partners, Automated Solution Providers and Foreign Business.
This position is best suited for a hands-on salesperson who is looking to grow his/her career. This an excellent opportunity to enhance your business acumen and leadership skills by managing and growing sales, managing sales channel partners while working and learning within a stable company with a rich history.
The candidate of choice is willing to accept the challenge to deliver to our customers best in class engineered solutions for motion products that excel in harsh and extreme environments.
This is a home office-based position with expected travel approximately 50% of the time. The ideal candidate has a high level of energy, self-direction, accountability and has a proven sales history of effective territory and account management by consistently meeting sales targets directly and via third party sales channels.
- Provide the Signature Experience to customers and channel partners (Learn more: BW Signature Experience).
- Develop, enhance and execute programs that grow channel sales by capturing mindshare through proactive engagement.
- Drive year-on-year revenue growth by building channel partner advocacy, providing direction towards and new business, new markets and new capabilities.
- Provide necessary training to the channel to create greater mindshare, product differentiation and a competitive advantage for the channel partners in the marketplace.
- Own the sales function with respect to channel management, inclusive of pricing, lead generation, end-customer interface, training programs and customer service.
- Passionate about effectively implementing sales strategies and tactics that create differentiation and build customer advocacy
- Responsible for the relationship, direction, coordination and sales of all distribution channels
- Build, manage and implement the distribution strategy and network globally
- Strengthen distributor relationships, provide product training, and develop business plans to leverage new market opportunities
- Work and thrive in a matrix environment, engaging with field sales personnel to drive channel sales results
- Serve as the main liaison with various strategic partners in Europe
- Work with channel partners on issues and opportunities bringing them to successful closure
- Identify and recruit global channel partners when needed
- Participate and be active with industry associations and attend key association events including PTDA, AHTD, and WBENC
- Act as interface between distributor marketing departments and BW marketing
- Develop programs and initiatives to drive sales growth through all channels
- Analysis of customer research, current market conditions and competitor information
- Utilize company CRM program to record and manage opportunities and relationships
- Gather VOC through distribution and relay back to Senior Management team
- BS/BA Degree required
- 5-7 years of experience successfully selling within industrial automation and motion control industries is preferred, but not required
What BW offers
- Competitive base salary, plus an attractive incentive plan based on performance
- Excellent benefit package with a generous employer contribution
- Car allowance
- 401(k) safe-harbor match
- Profit Sharing
- A Values driven, down to earth culture, that fosters a team environment, providing customers with exceptional service
BW is an equal opportunity employer, we do not discriminate against employees or applicants based on race, creed, color, religious belief, sex, age, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, marital status, physical or mental handicap, veteran status, or any other basis protected by Federal, State or local law or ordinance.
If you are interested in joining the BW family, please reply to firstname.lastname@example.org with the position title on the subject line, and your resume describing prior employers’ industry along with salary requirements.
- There is no paid relocation for this position
- Applicants must be able to work in the US without sponsorship.
- Applications must include a cover letter and a resume.