Regional Sales Manager - Midwest
For nearly 70 years we’ve been selling our unique solutions in the linear and rotary motion field to customers ranging from major manufacturers to a DIY’er working in his garage. Bishop-Wisecarver Corporation helps manufacturers and automation solution providers engineer linear and rotary motion products. With engineering expertise and manufacturing best practices working with over 20,000 customers, we understand our customers’ design and application requirements which enables us to develop unique solutions that ship within 2 to 3 weeks. Customers achieve 50% faster time to market, up to 50-75% lower maintenance and installed costs, product differentiation and longer product life.
Our product line includes quality components and accessories, manual linear guide systems, actuated linear guide systems and rotary guides and systems. Stainless steel, high temperature, wash-down and clean room-compatible products are among Bishop-Wisecarver's more recent product introductions. Our more popular offerings include the following trade names: DualVee®, LoPro®, UtiliTrak®, MadeWell® and HepcoMotion® GV3.
We are growing our sales force, we are seeking a Regional Sales Manager for our Midwest Region (Illinois, Wisconsin, Iowa, Missouri, Kansas and Nebraska) areas. We are looking for individuals that can thrive in a fast-paced, high-energy environment with a positive can-do attitude, impeccable integrity and extraordinary leadership skills. For the Midwest Region, the ideal candidate will be located near Chicago, IL. This position will report to the Vice-President of Sales and is best suited for an experienced sales person who can sell to a variety of customers in the industrial sector.
The candidate of choice is willing to accept the challenge to deliver to our customers best in class engineered solutions for motion products that excel in harsh and extreme environments.
This is a home office-based position with expected travel approximately 60% of the time. The ideal candidate has a high level of energy, self-direction, accountability and has a proven sales history of effective territory and account management by consistently meeting sales targets directly and via third party sales channels.
- Provide the Signature Experience to customers and prospects (Learn more: BW Signature Experience) Lead new business development efforts by executing on opportunities that lead to sources of new revenue, new markets, and new capabilities
- Continually develop new customers and create programs to retain and nurture current customers
- Own sales operations including pricing, sales processes, sales channel management, key account development and customer service
- Passionate about effectively implementing sales strategies and tactics that create differentiation and build customer advocacy
- Effective at setting, evaluating and executing individual and territory goals that create a dynamic results-oriented sales environment aligned with the company’s culture and core values
- Manage sales targets by effectively managing sales of company products to Independent Sales Representatives and Authorized Distributor networks, OEMs and Design Integrators, including conducting product training and application training at OEM and Distributor locations
- Analyze customer and sales channel data to determine customer/market trends regarding activity, account and opportunity development
- Engineering degree preferred, but not required
- 5-10 years of experience successfully selling within automation and motion control industries is preferred, but not required
- Ability to sell add-value solutions by leveraging differentiation and creating a competitive advantage
- Prior experience of exceptional key account development and sales channel management is preferred
- Excellent presentation skills as well as strong verbal and written communication skills Demonstrated knowledge and effective usage of CRM system and sales database management; excellent skills on Microsoft Office applications
- Effectively managing manufacturer representative firms and distribution channels is a must
- Excellent communicator with ability to build strong and trusting internal and external relationships internal and external
- Strong critical thinking and listening skills
- Represent Bishop-Wisecarver in a positive light by being recognized as a go-to resource that strengthens customer relationships, building advocacy and sustainable business levels
What BW offers
- Competitive base salary, plus an attractive incentive plan based on performance
- Excellent benefit package with a generous employer contribution
- Car allowance
- 401(k) safe-harbor match
- Profit Sharing
- A Values driven, down to earth culture, that fosters a team environment, providing customers with exceptional service
Bishop-Wisecarver Corporation is an equal opportunity employer, we do not discriminate against employees or applicants based on race, creed, color, religious belief, sex, age, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, marital status, physical or mental handicap, veteran status, or any other basis protected by Federal, State or local law or ordinance.
If you are interested in joining the BW family, please reply to email@example.com with the position title on the subject line, and your resume describing prior employers’ industry along with salary requirements.
- There is no paid relocation for this position
- Applicants must be able to work in the US without sponsorship.
- Applications must include a cover letter and a resume.