HepcoMotion PSD – Precison Screw Drive Actuator
The PSD Precision Screw Driven actuator is a linear motion system that combines Hepco’s Herculane® wheel technology with a lead or ball screw drive for excellent accuracy and performance in a cost effective package. This off-the-shelf solution reduces design and installation costs by easily integrating into machine configurations that require accurate positioning in a compact environment. The PSD is ideal for single or multi-axis applications and is particularly useful in Z-axis applications. PSD comes in two sizes, 80mm and 120mm, and is available in a large range of stock lengths. An assortment of options and accessories are available including Z-axis mounting plates, tubular flange screws, and a wide variety of motor connection kits and screw pitches.
• Shaft with fitted key
• Limit switch and bracket options include mechanical and inductive versions
• Internal buffers for end of stroke protection at each end
• Pre-adjusted and pre-lubricated to offer practically maintenance-free operation
• Compatible with the MCS line of aluminum framing
The high strength aluminum beam is available in a variety of lengths up to 2,850mm (up to 6,000mm for non-driven units). Special length/pitch combinations may also be specified. The beam comes with T-slots for easy mounting. T-nuts, T-slot covers, mounting brackets and multi-axis connection brackets are available options.
The removable carriage plate is easy to detach, and can be rotated 180 degrees to change the switch cam to the other side. Multiple carriage plates on a single unit are possible.
A stainless steel sealing strip runs the length of the aluminum beam to protect the internal mechanism from debris.
|Download Support Literature|
|PSD80 Catalog (PDF - 3Mb )||Download Now|
|PSD120 Catalog (PDF - 765kb)||Download Now|
Video Demonstration: PSD80 & PSD120
Check out our latest video demonstration of this popular precision screw driven linear guide product line.
• Ideal for light pick and place and assembly applications
• Speeds up to 1m/s
• High load capacity to 500N and 7.5N axial and radial loads
• Thrust loads to 300N
• Open, closed or double-acting formats available, as well as a non-driven version when two units are used in parallel
• Lead screws of 4, 15, 25 and 70mm with right and left handed threads
• Corrosion resistant version available upon request
• Ideal for applications that require precision movement with higher load capacities and durability
• Maximum speed of 1.6m/s
• High load capacity to 700N axial and radial loads
• Precision ball screw pitch sizes 5, 10, 16 and 32mm
• End cover provides access for re-lubrication of ball screw and nut
• Lead screw version is available upon request
|Product Lead Time||Call for details.|
|Application Stories||Click here to view all Application Stories|
Can ball screws be used in vertical applications without back driving?
No. Without a brake motor, ball screws will always back drive.
For vertical motion, lead screws can be self-locking so that even without brakes, dropping or drifting when motor power is removed or lost can be prevented. But the higher friction of a non-backdriving screw requires increased power to drive. The lead of the screw needs to be less than one-third of the minor diameter to not backdrive.
Speeds up to 5.5 meters per second.
Specially designed guide wheels using all stainelss steel components, heat stabilized material, and with special grease (Krytox GPL 227) can operate up to 500°F.
Between 0.005 — 0.02 when operated on DualVee track.
Axial load is any load that is parallel to the axis of rotation of the bearing.
Pitch describes a vehicle's tendency to rotate forward or backward.
|CAD File URL||https://bwc-hepcomotion-embedded.partcommunity.com/3d-cad-models/psd80-ball-screw-actuator-hepcomotion?info=hepcomotion/19_psd80|
|Product Selector Position||27|
|Approximate Load||0-1 kN (0-225 lbf)|
|Do you need driven product?||Yes, No|
|Do you need curved product?||No|