HepcoMotion PSD – Precison Screw Drive Actuator
Chat with us to learn more about this product.
The PSD Precision Screw Driven actuator is a linear motion system that combines Hepco’s Herculane® wheel technology with a lead or ball screw drive for excellent accuracy and performance in a cost effective package. This off-the-shelf solution reduces design and installation costs by easily integrating into machine configurations that require accurate positioning in a compact environment. The PSD is ideal for single or multi-axis applications and is particularly useful in Z-axis applications. PSD comes in two sizes, 80mm and 120mm, and is available in a large range of stock lengths. An assortment of options and accessories are available including Z-axis mounting plates, tubular flange screws, and a wide variety of motor connection kits and screw pitches.
- Shaft with fitted key
- Limit switch and bracket options include mechanical and inductive versions
- Internal buffers for end of stroke protection at each end
- Pre-adjusted and pre-lubricated to offer practically maintenance-free operation
- Compatible with the MCS line of aluminum framing
A stainless steel sealing strip runs the length of the aluminum beam to protect the internal mechanism from debris.
- Ideal for light pick and place and assembly applications
- Speeds up to 1m/s
- High load capacity to 500N and 7.5N axial and radial loads
- Thrust loads to 300N
- Open, closed or double-acting formats available, as well as a non-driven version when two units are used in parallel
- Lead screws of 4, 15, 25 and 70mm with right and left handed threads
- Corrosion resistant version available upon request
- Ideal for applications that require precision movement with higher load capacities and durability
- Maximum speed of 1.6m/s
- High load capacity to 700N axial and radial loads
- Precision ball screw pitch sizes 5, 10, 16 and 32mm
- End cover provides access for re-lubrication of ball screw and nut
- Lead screw version is available upon request
PRECISION PICK & PLACE SYSTEM
Actuators Offer Positional Accuracy and Repeatability
The application is a manually intensive process that requires precision placement of component parts into multiple receptacle profiles. They require significant force to insert and are repetitive in nature. There are three main universal components that need to be assembled to form the push fit connector. First, the ‘O’ ring seal is inserted into the receptacle base, followed by a cartridge and finally the collet. Once assembled, these components form the push fit pipe-fitting. The high demand for the products has further added to the company’s drive to increase production.
INDUSTRY: Manufacturing - Pick and Place
PRODUCT USED: PSD
PSD80 & PSD120
PSD80 and PDU2M
Work Together as an X-Y-Z Application