We are seeking a highly motivated person to join our Engineering team. As a Mechanical Engineer will serve as an integral contributor to the BW Engineering Department. You will be involved in various functions spanning the entire product line including both existing products and new product development. This person shall be an energetic, hands-on creative problem solver that is effective in collaborating across all facets of the business. This role will report to the Director of Engineering.
Build For The Future
Most companies don't last five years, and even fewer make it a decade. Bishop-Wisecarver has not only survived but flourished for 70 years because we constantly evolve in the face of a changing world while remaining true to who we are. At our core, we are relentless problem solvers who are passionate about what we do. We love to learn and explore what's next. We're friendly and down to earth. And our culture is driven by a collaborative spirit and can-do enthusiasm that makes anything possible. Bishop-Wisecarver is built for the future, because we are the ones building the future.
We're proud of the talented group that has made Bishop-Wisecarver the company it is today, but we're always looking to improve by adding sharp minds and hard workers to our team. Passion is the fuel behind any successful career, and if you're passionate like we are, then we encourage you to join our mission at Bishop-Wisecarver.
Why work with Us
Bishop-Wisecarver is a WBENC certified woman-owned company for nearly 70 years that has been selling our unique solutions in the linear and rotary motion field to customers ranging from major manufacturers to start-ups. Bishop-Wisecarver (BW) helps manufacturers and automation solution providers engineer linear and rotary motion products. With engineering expertise and manufacturing best practices working with over 20,000 customers, we understand our customers' design and application requirements which enables us to develop unique solutions that lower maintenance and installed costs, provide product differentiation, and longer product life.
Our product line includes quality components and accessories, manual linear guide systems, actuated linear guide systems and rotary guides and systems. Stainless steel, high temperature, wash-down and clean room-compatible products are among Bishop-Wisecarver's more recent product introductions. Our more popular offerings include the following trade names: DualVee, LoPro, UtiliTrak, MadeWell and GV3.
BW is a family culture that allows every employee to be heard and make a difference. As a highly transparent company, you will be in the loop and have an opportunity provide your input on all aspects of our business. If you are looking for a career at a company that everyone knows your name and values your opinions, then BW is for you.
Preserve our Family Culture
- Treat everyone like family
- Invest in continuous learning
- Celebrate our wins, have fun and laugh
- Improve and support personal, team and community health
- Support and give back to the mechatronics industry and our local Community
Deliver a Signature Experience
- Provide world-class service and products
- Embrace customization - even for one (1) piece
- Trust creates deep, long term relationships and brand advocates
- Data drives personalized services and products to our customers
Embrace a Pioneering Spirit
- Grit to explore new territories
- Take risks, be courageous, and embrace failure
- Willingness to explore outside our core competencies
- Inspire creativity, unconventional and diverse thinking
Need for Speed
- Think SMARTly in all we do
- Focus on progress, not perfection
- Embrace and leverage technology
- Be agile, work in sprints, create and learn faster