Mechatronics Design Engineer
Are you ready to deliver the "Signature Experience"?
If so Bishop-Wisecarver may be the place for you.
Our founder, Bud Wisecarver, is a mechanical genius – his patents and his business are proof of that. When asked why he started the business so many years ago, he said it was because he was able to solve mechanical problems that no one else could solve. Bud’s knack for innovation ranged from formal proposals and designs, to hasty chalk talks- sometimes marked out on the factory floor!
We are seeking a highly motivated candidate to join our growing Engineering team. The Mechatronics Design Engineer will serve as an integral contributor to the Bishop-Wisecarver Engineering Department. You will be involved in various functions spanning the entire product line including both existing products and new product development. The Mechatronics Design Engineer shall be an energetic, hands-on and creative problem solver that is effective in collaborating across all facets of the business. The Mechatronics Design Engineer will report to the Director of Engineering.
We need someone who is willing to accept the challenge to deliver best in class engineered solutions for motion products that excel in harsh and extreme environments.
- Contribute to and support all design engineering and new product development functions
- Contribute to and support sales, marketing and manufacturing efforts as needed
- Project management of custom designed motion solutions
- Develop motor control automation solutions
- Develop and review design models and prints for manufacturing
- Review documentation and specifications from suppliers
- Continually improve our testing and measurement procedures and methods
- Additional responsibilities as determined by your manager
- Bachelor of Science in Mechatronics, Mechanical or Electrical engineering
- 2+ years of experience in electromechanical design
- Experience with testing, systems integration, control system design and design of experiments
- Experience working with motors, actuators and sensors
- Experience taking products from idea to production
- Able to travel up to 20% of the time if required
- Must have practical knowledge of manufacturing processes
- Must have skill in preparing and analyzing complex technical specifications and possess the ability to effectively present technical solutions at all levels
- Must be a passionate advocate for our products
- AutoCAD, SolidWorks, Creo, MS Office experience
- Exemplifies the Bishop-Wisecarver core purpose to thrive on solving the toughest automation challenges
- Must pass a pre-employment drug screen and background check
What BW offers:
- Competitive base salary, plus bonus
- Excellent benefit package, including a 401(k) Safe Harbor plan
- Profit Sharing
- A Values driven, down to earth culture, which includes: a dog-friendly environment, monthly chair massage service, unlimited Nespresso, monthly communication meetings with lunch, and collaborative co-workers
- Bishop-Wisecarver Corporation is an equal opportunity employer, we do not discriminate against employees or applicants on the basis of race, creed, color, religious belief, sex, age, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, marital status, physical or mental handicap, veteran status, or any other basis protected by Federal, State or local law or ordinance.
- Note: There is no paid relocation for this position. The ideal candidate would be in the Bay Area, preferably the East Bay.
- Applicants must be able to work in the US without sponsorship.
- Applications must include a cover letter and a resume.
Job Type: Full-time
Bishop-Wisecarver Group is an equal opportunity employer. For more information please visit our website at: www.bwc.com
If you are interested in joining the BWG family, please email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with the position title on the subject line, along with salary requirements.