Field Application Engineer
Are you ready to deliver the "Signature Experience"?
If so Bishop-Wisecarver may be the place for you.
For nearly 70 years we’ve been selling our unique solutions in the linear and rotary motion field to customers ranging from major manufacturers to a DIY’er working in his garage. Bishop-Wisecarver Corporation helps manufacturers and automation solution providers engineer linear and rotary motion products. With engineering expertise and manufacturing best practices working with over 20,000 customers, we understand our customers’ design and application requirements which enables us to develop unique solutions that ship within 2 to 3 weeks. Customers achieve 50% faster time to market, up to 50-75% lower maintenance and installed costs, product differentiation and longer product life.
We are seeking a Field Application Engineer who can solve our customers’ motion and automation challenges in concert with our sales and engineering staff. We are looking for individuals that can thrive in a fast-paced, high-energy environment with a positive can-do attitude and impeccable integrity.
The ideal candidate will be located near Boston or Atlanta Metropolitan areas and will report directly to the Director of Engineering.
- Technical Customer Support
- Delivers the BWG Signature Customer Experience to prospects and customers.
- Applies mechanical and electrical engineering concepts to develop systems that meet customer’s needs.
- Partners with Regional Sales Managers in developing relationships with customers
- Designs and creates custom engineered systems for customers
- Identifies and documents customer requirements by establishing personal rapport with potential and actual clients, sales reps, OEMs and distributors.
- Documents interaction with customers.
- Develops tools that make interaction with customers more efficient, and predictable.
- Responds to sales questions in a credible and responsive manner.
- Assumes the primary technical relationship with customer.
- Supports distributors, sales representatives and sales department in implementing target market programs and closing new business.
- Provides remote and onsite engineering support to customers.
- Coordinates administrative actions.
- Product Support
- Makes the necessary engineering calculations to support product recommendations.
- Develop tools to assist in engineering calculations.
- Prepare drawings and/or models of product systems.
- Develops a thorough understanding of Bishop-Wisecarver product line and abilities and capacities of products.
- Provides input to product feature enhancements and process improvements.
- Supports R&D engineering in translating customer’s needs into products that can be practically and effectively manufactured.
- Engineering Knowledge
- Keeps up to date with competitor’s products.
- Develops an understanding of switches, sensors, and actuators employed in the motion industry
- Able to react to change productively and handle other essential tasks as assigned
- Works closely with Engineering department
- BS Mechanical, Electrical, or Mechatronics Engineering
- CAD experience (Pro E preferred)
- 1-2 years of experience working with mechanical components, actuators, controls and sensors
- Strong Mechatronics aptitude
- Prior experience with automated motion systems strongly preferred
- Exceptional customer service skills
- Excellent communication skills
- Exceptional analytical and organizational skills
- Must be able to work independently without direct supervision
- Able to manage multiple tasks simultaneously
- Wide degree of creativity is expected
- Ability to work independently and meet deadlines
- Able to travel as needed in support of sales efforts
What BW offers:
- Competitive base salary, plus bonus
- Excellent benefit package, including a 401(k) 3% safe harbor
- Profit Sharing
- A Values driven, down to earth culture, which includes: Excellent benefits, a dog-friendly environment, monthly chair massage service, monthly company meetings with lunch, and collaborative co-workers
- Bishop-Wisecarver Corporation is an equal opportunity employer, we do not discriminate against employees or applicants on the basis of race, creed, color, religious belief, sex, age, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, marital status, physical or mental handicap, veteran status, or any other basis protected by Federal, State or local law or ordinance
- Applicants must be able to work in the US without sponsorship
- Applications must include a cover letter and a resume
Bishop-Wisecarver Group is an equal opportunity employer. For more information please visit our website at: www.bwc.com
If you are interested in joining the BWG family, please email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with the position title on the subject line, along with salary requirements.