PRT2 1-Trak Single Piece Track System by HepcoMotion
An innovative technology from Hepcomotion has effectively changed the face of curvi-linear track design possibilities. Part of the highly successful PRT2 family of products, the new and patent pending 1-Trak product from HepcoMotion allows track systems to be manufactured in almost any conceivable 2D shape and from one single piece of material.
- Patent pending design allows track systems to be manufactured in almost any conceivable 2D shape, and from one single piece of material.
- Installation time is virtually eliminated - a huge cost saving and less work for you to do.
- Curves of any radius and tracks of any widths can be chosen. Systems can include reverse bends and freeform curves.
- For the first time, track systems can be efficiently gear driven via a compact, space-saving design and capable of extremely high driving forces.
The possibilities for track design become almost limitless....
Curves of any radius and tracks of any widths can be chosen. Systems can include curves of differing radii, reverse bends and freeform curves.
Single piece track system construction virtually eliminates the assembly process:
- Reduced drilling and tapping of fixing holes (installation time and cost savings).
- No adjustment of the system is required, and there is no possibility of mis-alignment during service.
Tracks can be made to include an integral base plate:
- Provides a strong, flat and accurate foundation for the system.
- Integral track and foundation plate design is strong enough to be a key structural element within your machine design.
- Track/base plate can easily be made to you own design and include special hole positions, slots or other features.
- Can be supplied mounted to a HepcoMotion MCS frame system.
The 3-bearing carriage design offers the designer great flexibility:
- No longer any lift-off or play between the carriage and the track at the transition between the straight and the curved sections.
- This means that carriages can be under load continuously at all times around the track circuit (three-bearing carriages are a simple and low cost alternative to bogie carriages - in lower load situations).
- Tighter bends unlike other designs, saving space and cost.
1-Trak systems can be specified with a gear and pinion drive:
- Unique geometry allows the correct mesh between the gear and the pinion at all times.
- Simplifies the carriage design, eliminating the need for a sprung-loaded pinion (reducing cost).
- Gear teeth on the track are precision machined and surface hardened to produce outstanding strength and durability.
Tracks can be made with a GV3 flat track profile and roller bearings to suit:
- Eliminates binding or excessive loading of the bearings where two x track systems are mounted in parallel.
- Allows the carriages to ‘float’ and move in the direction of the roller axes.
- Improves the running quality, friction, life and ease-of-installation.